1. My family. My husband is a true partner in every sense of the word. He is my biggest supporter, my confidante, my love. He’s kind and intelligent; passionate and loving. He’s my best friend and I’m grateful that I get to wake up beside him each morning. Our daughter is the center of my world. She’s my grounding force, the sunshine in my life. Nothing I have ever done or ever will do is as important as being her mother.
As an extension, my parents, my sisters and their families, my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins – I treasure them.
My favorite times are the ones I spend with family. The pumpkin patch with my husband and our girl, dinner with all of the extended family – they’re all full of laughter. They warm my soul.
2. Books. For as long as I can remember, books have been an integral part of my life. They’re a way to relax, disengage and escape. I can travel the world. I make new friends. I get a glimpse into different worlds. There’s nothing like getting caught up in an exceptional book. Nothing.
3. Music. I am in awe of folks who are blessed with the talent to play instruments, sing, and/or write lyrics. I can create a playlist that is a trip down memory lane and brings to the surface emotions I haven’t felt in a long time. Spending an evening at a concert is one of my favorite things to do. What I lack in singing talent I make up for in enthusiasm!
4. The water. I’m not your typical beach person. I hate lying on a towel all day, baking under the sun. I hate to be hot and sweaty. I get annoyed by sand in my pants. But I love the water! I love the sound of the waves, the feel of the water crashing over my feet. I love wading into the surf and leaping with each wave that comes my way, letting it carry me. I love the smell of the salty sea air, even the crunch in my hair.
5. A fall day spent at the renaissance festival. The color of the leaves, the crunch of them underfoot. The cool breeze mingling with the warm rays of sun on my face. The music, the beautiful wares at the booths, the costumes, the friends. It’s my favorite way to spend an October Saturday!
6. Pajama pants. If I could live in my comfy pants, I would. I have three pairs of pajama pants and one pair of sweatpants that are in constant rotation. They’re cozy, comfy, and occasionally cute, though certainly not fit for wearing in public. I change into them the moment I walk in the door, though!
7. Pizza. I never get tired of pizza. Carbs+Cheese? How much better could it possibly get?! I love a thin crust veggie from Pizza Hut, a homemade white pizza, a hand-tossed with pineapple and ham. Really, I just love pizza. Lots ‘n’ lots.
8. My cats. They’re black and white and fluffy and so full of personality that they keep me entertained each and every day. My boy kitty is my baby. He lays on top of me every chance he gets, chirps and purrs at me, does laps around the house just for fun. Our girl kitty is a total ditz, but she’s such a sweetheart. She’s as playful as a kitten and follows my husband around like a duckling with mama. They’re the first cats I’ve ever owned and I know that I’ll never again have a house without cats in it. They’re my loves.
9. Fancy coffee drinks. Salted Caramel Mocha or Iced Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks. Caramel Mocha Iced Latte from Dunkin Donuts. These are the ways to my heart. They’re expensive and more sugar than anything else, but man do they make me happy.